Imagine being on a night out with your friends and you have a vape device that does not produce any vapour. Nothing short of a walao eh moment, if you ask us. A common problem with open pod systems, restricted pulls are usually caused by a clogged vape pod.
These are often the result of e-liquid leaks, condensation, too-tight cartridges, pulling too vigorously, and improper storage.
While this problem might be annoying, it’s actually quite easy to fix.
How Do You Fix a Clogged Vape Pod?
If you find your vape clogged, a quick blast of warm air can do the trick.
For minor clogs, you can use either the dry-hit, the pin-prick, or the hair dryer method. Basically these focus on quickly getting rid of any build-up in a vape device. Senang je!
- The dry-hit method - Without turning your device on, pull hard through the mouthpiece. Doing this can quickly get rid of condensation build-up and excess liquid in the device.
- The pin-prick method - If your device is clogged, simply use a fine needle or safety pin to poke and unclog the hole.
- The hair dryer method - Put your hair dryer on its lowest setting. Once warmed up, blow some warm air on your device. This will allow the trapped liquid to flow more freely. Once the vape has been sufficiently warmed up, put the device in an upright position in order to let the liquid flow back to its proper place.
For major clogs, there are two fixes:
- The “flick” method - If your device is still clogged even after warming it up, try quickly flicking your device from side to side. This will help dislodge any excess liquid in your device and allow it to operate smoothly again.
- The “blow” method - As its name suggests, this involves blowing through the device’s cartridge in order to remove any excess liquid from the wick and coil. When attempting this method, be careful not to take any pulls, as doing so could oversaturate the wick and make matters worse.
Tapi ingat, these fixes are only appropriate for open pod systems, or those that allow users to customise their devices.
If you use devices with a closed pod system like the ones from RELX’s Essential and Infinity lines, then you don’t need to worry, since these devices are not likely to clog, even with regular use.
How Can I Prevent a Clogged Vape Pod?
Store your device properly to keep it in pristine condition.
As with everything else, taking a few extra steps to prevent problems from happening is better than scrambling to find solutions.
That said, all you need to do to prevent clogged pods is to follow some basic guidelines:
- Avoid exposure to extreme temperatures. Extreme temperatures can negatively affect the viscosity of e-liquids and can cause them to clog your device.
- Avoid sudden shifts in elevation. If you’re a frequent flyer or hiker, do note that sudden shifts in altitude can affect the pressure in your vape pens. This can result in leaks, clogs, and similar problems.
- Sufficiently charge your device. Low-powered devices don’t atomise e-liquids properly, which can then lead to clogs and leaks.
- Keep devices in their proper cases. Properly storing your device not only helps keep it in immaculate condition, it also helps prevent it from falling victim to clogs, leaks, and other problems.
What Vape Device and Pods Should I Get?
Vape devices usually come in two forms: open pod systems and closed pod systems.
Open pod systems are devices that consist of a pod mod and a refillable cartridge. These are popular among enthusiasts who want to customise their devices since they are compatible with most third-party alterations. While this makes them more fun to assemble and tinker with, it also makes them more prone to leaks and clogs, which can spoil the vaping experience for beginners.
Closed pod systems, meanwhile, consist mainly of a battery and a pod cartridge that already contains e-liquid. This straightforward construction makes these devices almost foolproof, making them perfect even for those who have just made the switch.
If you are planning to buy a device that doesn’t need a rocket science degree to operate, try getting RELX’s Infinity and Essential devices.
Boasting cutting-edge features like a Leak-Resistant Maze system, a Smart Pace Vibration Alert, and dual-charging capabilities, the award-winning RELX Infinity and Essential devices are guaranteed to give users a Super Smooth experience that’s unlike any other.